Friday, February 17, 2012

Tips & Tricks......New Silicone Mold News

More NEW Silicone molds were added yesterday, However, not as many as we planned, We took the day off, more or less. We took our Employees out to lunch, as a Thank you for all their hard work, then back to work, but by then we ALL were relaxed and just moved at our paces. It's great to have a day like that every now and then.. We all enjoyed it!

I can tell by the number of calls and emails that many of you are sitting on the edge of the chair waiting to see what new molds will be added next. Because of the way these are packed and stored right now it is a surprise to us, the Tubs are being unpacked and listed as they come up.... I must admit, that even though I have seen each one already when we did inventory. I get excited seeing them again, and knowing that you all will get the chance to see them too.

Those of you that know what will be coming are already getting your names on order for them..... That helps us very much, it still amazes me how that "waiting" list grows by the day.

On another note, I have been getting a ton of questions about Silicone Mold use, and the best or recommended wax formulation for them...... I am happy to share that info with you when asked. Those of you that don't know or remember the company that originally made and used these molds don't know that they mostly poured their base candle in white wax and then over dipped them in Pigment colors. We do that ourselves on some pieces, others are poured in color.

www.candlemoldvault.com is so very happy that so many of you are enjoying these molds and asking when we can get more, more, more up on the site for sale. We are working at a steady pace and hope to have them all listed by the middle of next month... so, check in often!

I also wanted to answer a question I get EVERY day now. Who do I recommend as suppliers of other candle making items. wax, wick, color, etc. Right off, Not meaning to offend, But AVOID Bittercreek! NASTY comes to mind when I even hear their name. You also already know how we feel both professionally and personally but the junk silicone mold makers out there.

So, I will mention 2 names that we use and recommend..... www.candlechem.com and www.candlewic.com Good companies, good owners, good products and selections, and they BOTH have a long history in the business. They also both have stores on eBay. Look for them! My suggestion is do NOT waste time or money with the rest, or if you must, as little as possible (It is what we do)

Happy Candlemaking!

No comments:

Post a Comment