Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Nothing but the Facts.....

I want to publically Thank Steve for his post here yesterday. I know after speaking to many of you that called, and answering email requests that many of you too found the information he posted of great help. I would like to add one thing to all that, as a product safety point.

With Personal safety in mind, I would like to remind all of you..... When buying Silicone based products.... what goes in to the Silicone before you get it is GREATLY important. The Imported silicone molds are questionable at best. As with many products imported from Asia one never knows..... and we have seen or heard the reports of unsafe chemicals in many items imported from that region.

If safety is of no concern to you, and the price is the only thing you consider. then cheap, questionable imported silicone molds are right for you....... Personally, I wouldn't have that stuff near my Dogs, let alone near Children, Customers, Family and the like. Just be aware always that what looks like a bargain, and is imported like that may NOT be the best deal you ever found in the end.

Again, I am being asked about Suppliers I would recommend....... For Silicone Molds..... well, honestly, I am so sick of seeing people waste hard earned money on the Silicone Molds found on places like Ebay.......Many nice designs, cheaply made, and fall apart in nothing flat...... forget about them.....Nuff Said.

I would only Offer to you 2 names for all other general candle making suppliers..... www.candlewic.com and www.candlechem.com 2 long time supporters of the IGCA . Good products, good service, and just nice owners/people. Both have been around many years, are available on Ebay and have a wide selection of the essentials of candle making. Support them!

At this point, I will only say on the others.......... why bother? I have just given you the names of the BEST in my opinion. Don't waste time or money with the others. period.

Happy Candlemaking!

No comments:

Post a Comment