Saturday, August 13, 2011

Candle Making Tips & Tricks

Our customer, Gene, gave us this little tip about the use of Plastic candle molds:
"In addition I use 1 ½”  masking tape up the sides folded over then the mold clamps. This will prevent leaking.  I also use a mold clamp on the top to hold the wick. I use a Bull Dog clamp to hold that. It works great. I then bury the top half in wet sand in case it leaks at the bottom To remove the seam line if any, I use a cheese cutter without the roller. Or a ceramic cleaning tool. I  have been making candles for 30 years and have found a lot of ways to clamp molds and seal them. Over the years I have saved all the books I bought in starting  the 70’s  along with the Candle Cauldron a fact sheet put out by Pourette. And put them in note books, for reference in case I needed it, since I make candles for a hobby."
Our Plastic Candle Mold Instruction Sheet is available here.

No comments:

Post a Comment